Rebuilding your life after a fire is difficult add to that in order to cleanse the premises the most challenging thing is the removal of smoke odor. Smoke odor is pervasive and will linger long after dousing the fire.
There might be remnants of nano particles of incomplete combustion and/or volatile organic compound, which is why are getting a smell of smoke odor. It is all the more important to clean the premises of this odor since these particles are harmful to our body. Not only that, smoke odor also triggers our memory and reminds us of the unfortunate incident.
Call us Catstrong LLC while you recuperate. Our agency would be more effective and efficient.
Read On To Know The Steps You Can Take To Remove The Odor.
- Flush the apartment with fresh air. You can do this by get a hold of the largest fan in the house and place it in front of a window or your entrance. Keep only two opening in the room, one for the air to flow in and the other for the exit flow of air. This will help to flush out the smoke, which would have filled the nooks and corners of your house or workplace. A ceiling fan can also help you achieve results albeit it is time taking.
- Remove all the upholstery in the house like curtains, beddings, and pillow covers etc. Wash them thoroughly and let them dry outside in the fresh air.
- Use a mixture of warm water, dish soap, and vinegar to scrub and wash out your tables, chairs, walls, floors, etc. This will also help in removing stains and soothe left over by the fire.
- Vacuum the premises meticulously. Ensure you use a high efficiency filter in your vacuum to prevent the smoke particles from blowing back in the room. Use special attachments to clean the sofa cushions and your bed.
- Dishwashing soap mixed with warm water will help you to rinse your utensils more effectively. This would be a tedious job and you might have to do this a couple of times to remove the odor. Make sure you have flushed the house with clean air or dry the utensils in fresh air outside the house.
- Mop the uncarpeted floor and walls repeatedly. When you let fresh air to enter the house, the smoke particles will either escape out of the premises or they will settle down on the floors and walls. Hence, several rounds of cleaning will be required.
- Check your air-conditioning, ducting, and HVAC to assess the damage and to see if it would require a cleaning. It might be necessary to flush and cleanse the filters.
- Deodorize the air by spraying and fogging every inch of the property.
The sooner you cleanse your property of smoke odor the better, as a change in season or temperature aids the smoke odor to linger long after the fire incident.
Let the experts at Catstrong LLC handle the situation, while you recuperate and assess the damage.Call us now on (254) 400-2318 and our professional will visit you soon. We are available to assist you 24×7.